CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our house is missing a ton of teeth!

So. Yesterday Brian had a dentist appointment to get his teeth cleaned. He texts me and says "They're taking my wisdom teeth out." Around an hour later I text back and say "When." He calls me a few minutes later and says they are out now I'm on my way home. WHAT?! They pulled the wisdom teeth on his right side. Then they let him drive home. I was mad. He gets home and he keeps saying "This side of my face feels like a face.. But this side doesn't.This side feels like raw hamburger meat. Feel it, come on, feel it. It doesn't feel like a face. Feel it."

Then today Seth had his appointment. I went just because Brian WAS NOT driving Seth anywhere while under the influence of Vicodin. Not happening. Anyway, they take Seth back and Brian asks if he can go back. They said no. I was livid. Then the dentist says that he's for sure pulling out Seth's broken tooth, but he's going to fix the other ones. 20 minutes later the dentist comes out to inform Brian he pulled 3 teeth. Oh, I was mad. Seth had no idea he was getting teeth pulled when he went back there. He thought they were just getting worked on. I can not believe he had to do that alone. When he came out of the room I cried. He looked so pitiful with his puffy face and gauze all in his mouth! Never again. We are switching dentist offices.

I've had a few people tell me that dentist offices don't allow parents to go back with kids anymore. NOT HAPPENING. That's all I can say. I refuse to teach these kids not to trust strangers, but then go against everything and say "Oh, you've never met these people, go back by yourself while they hurt you." You're allowed to go back with your kids at the doctor, and I will be going back at the dentist.

So yea, anyway, now Seth is missing 3 molars. He's doing pretty good. He says it hurts but it isn't too bad. Hopefully it isn't worse tomorrow. I've always heard the first days were the easiest.

I only have one wisdom tooth that is 1/4 of the way through. The others are showing no signs of coming in. I am missing a tooth, so maybe I'm missing wisdom teeth too. One can dream. (The tooth I'm missing just never grew in. My orthodontist did X-rays one day and was like "You don't have this tooth and it isn't in your gums either." Well, come to find out, my brother's are missing the same tooth!! It must run in the family on my dad's side. Lol.)


This was right after he got done. He was a little out of it.
After we got home. He was drooling everywhere so he had to have paper towels under him. Lol.

2 comments:

  1. OH NO!! Poor baby!! Those pics are sooo sad!! I would have been livid!!! No WAY No HOW!! I have to be back there with my babies! A dr isnt going to stop me! Especially for something like that. It makes me tear up at the thought of poor seth having to do that a lone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that they took the teeth out without even discussing it with you?! That is insane! Bless his heart.

    Good news... When I had my wisdom teeth out, the first day was the worst. The second was about the same, and it only got better from there. Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete