CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Make Up and hooker clothes.

So, over the weekend my uncle came in from New Orleans to visit! He had a little get together at one of his best friend's house. An old family friend came with 2 of her kids. Her daughter looked to be about 8 years old...

Her daughter was wearing a mini skirt. It was super short. She wouldn't have been able to wear it to school without leggings underneath it was so short. She was also wearing high heals. Normally high heals I don't think would be a big deal on an 8 year old... If paired with reasonable clothes.. She was also wearing make up. As in - bright blue eye shadow up to her eye brows. She looked like a street walker. No joke. I even heard a few people tell the mother she should be ashamed of herself for letting her daughter think it was okay to go out like that... And you know what? I completely agree!!

I would never let Kayelynn out of my house dressed like this little girl was. It doesn't matter if she was only 8 and just thinks the outfit is cute - I want to teach Kayelynn to respect herself. I knew so many kids whose parents just didn't care what they wore. Hell, I had a cousin who was allowed to wear thongs when she was 11 or 12. Her mom let her buy padded bras when she was 13. Not okay. Why are people in such a hurry to let their little girls grow up? Why aren't people teaching their kids that they don't need makeup to look pretty. Why aren't people teaching their kids that it's possible to look good while still being covered up?! Grr it makes me sooo mad.

I'm not one of those mom's that is going to make her daughters wear only long sleeves and pants... But skirts and short so short you need a hair net... That will be a no-go.

Okay, my rant is over. What do you think?? When is it okay to let your daughters out of the house in make up? What age is a good age to allow them to dress in low cut/revealing clothes?

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

3 comments:

  1. The hair net thing literally made me lol. Love that!

    Seriously though, I completely agree! I did a post similar to this about a month ago.

    As for make up, I plan on teaching her how to wear make up without looking like you're wearing make up. I hate seeing girls looking like clowns.
    Low cut/revealing... well that just won't be happening under my roof.
    I don't plan on making her dress like the Duggars or anything that radical, but I want her to be modest.

    Same goes for Brentley... I know it's a little more simple with boys, but one thing that bugs me to no end is when guyswear their pants past their butts and they have to hold their pants up to walk. That will not happen under my roof either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom let me start wearing make up when I went in to 8th grade. But she only bought me real light colors of eye shadow and such, so i think around 13 is a reasonable age. And I think as long as they're living in your house, they should dress to your definition of modesty. I'm all for letting kids pick out their own cloths, whether it's mismatched or not, but I wouldn't ever buy my daughter anything I didn't approve of length wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Ι could havе swoгn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Νonetheless, І'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be boоκ-marκing anԁ chеcking back often!
    Also visit my web blog read more

    ReplyDelete