Kayelynn has been FF for a week. :( That equals out to 3 car rides total.
It has been in the triple digits all week, and it's too freaking hot in my car. The only vents that blow out AC are the ones on the front dash, so the back of the car still stays pretty warm - especially when her back is to the little air coming through. So, she's been FF for a week so she doesn't have a heat stroke. I have been in a panic attack every time we drive. I am not comfortable with her FF yet. And yes, she is 28 months... (2 years 4 months.)
Soooo. Today I bought a fan for the car. It clips onto the front of the seat and will blow cool air on her. I'm going to re-install her car seat RF tonight. I can't wait. Lol. She's only 22 pounds so we have a while to go until she reaches the weight limit. (Seth is going to be 6 in October and is only 38... So I think it's safe to say we'll be RF until AT LEAST 4 - Hopefully.)
Oh and today on my way home from WalMart I passed a pick up truck on one of the back roads... There were 4 people stuffed into the front seat... And one of those 4 was a child who looked to be about 4... No car seat. Stuffed in between adults. I was so mad.
P.S. The thing on her head is a BeKool gel patch .. Thought I would give them a try.
P.S. The thing on her head is a BeKool gel patch .. Thought I would give them a try.










Those patches worked for my son when he was little. I noticed it on Facebook. I would be a nervous wreck too. Charleigh is still rear facing and is almost 3 1/2. I rear facing to the max. Kaedyn will be starting school next month and wants to ride the bus but I refuse. I tried explaining to him that tey didn't have car seats an that he wouldn't be safe but he is dead set in riding one..... By mommy refuses!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKayelynn wont be riding the bus either. Not happening.
DeleteWhen I was reading the beginning I was thinking, there is no way that Kayelynn is 40 lbs lol!
ReplyDeleteI have come to the conclusion that my ten month old, 27 lb son is a beast! lol. Seriously though, it makes me sad that he is going to have to forward-face earlier just because of his weight :(
Luckily my car is small, so he gets enough air right now. That is one good thing about a tiny car!
Brian has really tiny babies... But Seth and Paige's mom have even smaller babies. If that makes any since. Kayelynn is only in the 5th percentile for her height and weight, but Seth and Paige are around the 1 or 2 percent. Kayelynn is 22/23 pounds and Paige is only 28! It's crazy.
DeleteThat does stink that he'll have to FF sooner.. He's almost at the limit now. :(
My car is a beast. It's 3 rows and 8 seats... So I have no idea why they made it so the front vents are the only ones that blow out AC.. Makes no sense.